I love being an orthodontist and having the ability to create beautiful and healthy smiles for others. Over the years, it has been truly gratifying to watch the transformation of my patients’ lives once they are able to smile with confidence. I enjoy being able to change lives and contribute back to the community through my profession.
I attended Maryknoll High School and strive each day to uphold the school motto, Noblesse Oblige, “To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected.” As team captain of the practice, I make sure we instill these values daily to ensure a team of caring, energetic, and attentive individuals committed to serving others. Find me on Google+, Yelp, and Facebook!
Education and Continuing Education
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery with distinction – University of Missouri-Kansas City Dental School
- Master of Science in oral biology – Northwestern University
- Certificate in orthodontics – Northwestern University Dental School
I’ a member of the Hawaii Dental Forum, which is a local affiliate of the renowned Seattle Study Club organization, and a participant in Oahu Professional Dental Seminars. I enjoy being knowledgeable about the changes in orthodontics and interdisciplinary orthodontic treatment, and look forward to working with other dental professionals to help patients achieve their goals for a beautiful, healthy smile.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Hawaii director
- Hawaii Society of Orthodontists, past president
- American Dental Association
- Hawaii Dental Association
Family and Community
I am a Honolulu native and proud to live, work, and raise my family in this wonderful community. My husband Randy is a general practitioner, and we have been blessed with three wonderful children. I am a huge sports fan, so you can often find me supporting many local school sporting events as well as our own University of Hawaii Warriors.
I am passionate about my career as an orthodontist and love sharing my knowledge with others. I enjoy volunteering at schools and giving presentations about orthodontics as a career, and I serve as a professional mentor for several high-school career shadowing programs.
I also enjoy supporting many of the youth sports programs in our community, as well the Special Olympics. I am a strong believer in the health benefits and life lessons that sports programs can provide our youth.