Welcome to Hawaii Orthodontist
To our valued patients,
As we all face this unprecedented event of COVID-19, we have been looking at ways to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible when we resume our normal business hours. We will be implementing several changes to our office and wanted to make you aware of them prior to your next visit. We realize that some of these changes may be inconvenient for you, but we feel they are necessary in order to keep everyone safe!
1. Strict Infection control procedures regarding instrumentation have always been, and will continue to be followed according to the guidelines of ADA, HDA, OSHA and the CDC. This includes appropriate PPE worn by all of our team members as well as consistent surface disinfection of all exposed surfaces throughout the day.
2. Our NEW WAITING ROOM will be either in the spacious hallway or in the comfort of your own safe car. :O) Only patients will be allowed to enter the office unless parental or assisted accompaniment is necessary.
3. Anyone entering the office will be required to have their temperature taken, wear a mask and wash their hands.
4. Upon arrival we will also screen each patient with a questionnaire to confirm that they are symptom free, have not knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 and have not recently traveled. Anyone with a temperature of 99 degrees and above will be recommended to see their physician for further evaluation and will not be allowed to enter the office.
5. Doctors and team will be held to the same high standards with daily temperature screenings and assessments.
6. Aerosol procedures will be kept minimal and controlled within the office environment.
7. Brushing stations will be closed, please brush or have your child brush their teeth before arriving at the office.
8. GREAT NEWS AND MOST EXCITINGLY! All of our offices are equipped with SCA Dental/Medical Grade Air Purifiers with UV-C germicidal technology to provide our patients and team with surgically clean air.
We look forward to the day when we will be able to ease some of these restrictions, but until then, please know that we are only making these changes with your safety in mind. Please reach out to us if you have any concerns or suggestions in how we can improve our service. Take care and stay safe!
Dr. Tammy Chang-Motooka, Dr. Shelliann Kawamoto and staff of Hawaii Orthodontist.
What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Share Facts About COVID-19
What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
“We make people smile!”
Serving children, teens, and adults living in the Honolulu, Waipahu and Kunia, HI areas, Drs. Tammy Chang-Motooka, Shelliann Kawamoto, and their team provide state-of-the-art orthodontic care with a commitment to excellence. Our patients become radiant, confident, and happy people as they enjoy their new and beautiful smiles!
With a warm and sympathetic staff, our focus is on creating a caring, gentle, and professional environment that takes the stress out of orthodontics. Using state-of-the-art treatments such as Invisalign® clear aligners and Symetri Clear, we are able to treat each patient’s individual needs. Our braces for children and adults are designed for comfort and impeccable results.
We know that you have a busy schedule and so have created special practice hours to accommodate you. With lunchtime, early evening, and Saturday hours, you can easily find a time to schedule a treatment for yourself or a loved one. Contact our Honolulu orthodontic office or our Waipahu orthodontic office for your complimentary consultation and see how you can achieve the perfect bite and the gorgeous smile you deserve.