I love being an orthodontist and having the ability to create beautiful and healthy smiles for others. Over the years, it has been truly gratifying to watch the transformation of a person's life once they are able to smile with confidence. I enjoy being able to change lives and contribute back to the community through my profession. I attended Maryknoll High School and strive each day to uphold the school motto, Noblesse Oblige, “To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected.” As a team captain of the practice, we instill these values daily to ensure a team of caring, energetic, and attentive individuals committed to serving others. Find me on Google+, Yelp, and Facebook!
Education and Continuing Education
- Doctor of Dental Surgery with distinction – University of Missouri Kansas City Dental School
- Master of Science in Oral Biology – Northwestern University
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Northwestern University Dental School
As a member of the Hawaii Dental Forum, which is a local affiliation of the renowned Seattle Study Club organization, and a participant in Oahu Professional Dental Seminars, I enjoy being knowledgeable about the changes in orthodontics and interdisciplinary orthodontic treatment. I look forward to working with other dental professionals to help patients achieve their goals for a beautiful, healthy smile.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Hawaii director
- Hawaii Society of Orthodontists, past president
- American Dental Association
- Hawaii Dental Association
Family and Community
I am a Honolulu native and proud to live, work, and raise my family in this wonderful community. My husband, Randy, is a general practitioner, and we have been blessed with three wonderful children. I am a huge sports fan so you can often find me supporting many local school sporting events as well as our own University of Hawaii Warriors.
I am passionate about my career as an orthodontist and love sharing my knowledge with others. I enjoy volunteering at schools and giving presentations about orthodontics as a career, and I serve as a professional mentor for several high school career shadowing programs. I also enjoy supporting many of the youth sports programs in our community, as well the Special Olympics. I am a strong believer in the health benefits and life lessons that sports programs can provide our youth.